Monday, March 21, 2011

Monster Mash or How My 1st Birthday Parties are Jinxed


To truly appreciate my jinx-i-ness, read this post.

Then come back and read this post...

Preparations were in full swing on Friday the 18th for Freddie's big birthday party the following day WHEN...dun, dun, dun...the laundry room flooded and we had to shut off the water.  So instead of making food and cleaning and decorating cupcakes...I went to bed, because of the whole no water situation.


Really, I just had to laugh about it.  I was very busy the next day once the plumber came and the water was turned back on, but we managed to get everything done and ready before the first guests arrived.  I was even able to shower and have myself ready before anyone showed up.

We did a monster theme, since Freddie is a monster.  It was a great time and I'm so glad that so many friends and family were able to make it.







These are the cupcakes and mash cake I made.  Denise baked all the cupcakes and I decorated them.  It was  a lot of fun and I think they turned out really cute.




Freddie loved the cake but was not thrilled with the messiness of it all.



Happy 1st birthday Fredder-monster. We love you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews