Thursday, September 1, 2011

According to Ainsley - Are you seriously wearing that?


Ainsley: Mommy, are we going to Daddy's birthday party?
Me: Well, it's not really a party, it's just dinner.  But yes, once we get to the house, we'll get ready and go.
Ainsley: Are you going to wear a dress?

I look down at my black skirt, black tank, and cardigan.

Me: No, I think I'll wear this.  It's kind of like a dress.  It's a skirt.
Ainsley: No Mommy, you need to wear a dress like me.  I want you to wear a dress so you can look like me.
Me: Well, I don't have that many dresses (And I think to myself I really need to do laundry).  Don't you think I look okay in this outfit?

She looks me over...uh oh.

Ainsley: Well, that is a pretty dress, but what is on your shoulders?
Me: What do you mean? My cardigan.
Ainsley: Ummm...yeah, the tardidan.
Me: Do you like it?

Ainsley scrunches up her little face and then...
Ainsley: No Mommy, no I don't.

Great! Fashion advice from a 4 year old...although I probably need it.

I'm linking up with Rebecca over at Musings of a Manic Mama on Friday.  Go check out her blog...


Musings of a Manic Mama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews