Thursday, September 29, 2011

Updates

I have not been a very good blogger lately.  I have not been posting as much as I'd like, I can't remember the last time I put a new picture up and I haven't even been keeping up with reading other blogs.  Sometimes life gets in the way of my internet addiction.

So today, I'm just going to run through an update.  This weekend we are heading to Connecticut for Clif's cousin's wedding.  I'm sure there will be lots of picture taking, so you will get your fill next week.

What's Ainsley up to?
Ainsley is such an amazing little girl.  I just can't believe I ever lived without her in my life.  But you all know how great she is. 

At Ainsley's 4 year check up a few weeks ago she weighed 34lbs and was 42 inches tall.  She took her first eye exam, which she passed.  She demonstrated her amazing imagination with a tale of Flynn, Rapunzel, Tassa, Baby Ainsley, my Honey and herself as Mommy for the doctor.  He was very impressed.

Ainsley also went to the dentist about a week ago.  This is her second visit to the dentist.  The first was last September.  She did a great job.  The first time they could get no x-rays, this time they managed to get one side...so maybe at her next appointment it will work out.  She did great while they were cleaning her teeth and did awesome while they cleaned my teeth.

Ainsley is still in question mode.  She needs an explanation for everything...like "Why do we have chins?" or "Why did God give me blond hair?" or "Why does Freddie cry when I squeeze his cheek?" and a million more.  Some days I am so mentally exhausted from answering questions that I just can't come up with answers anymore.  Because some questions are not so easy...like "What do germs look like?" or "Where does God live?  But where is Heaven?" or "Where was I before I was in your belly?" or "What does it feel like to die?"

I know?!?!?!  Pretty deep coming from a 4 year old.

She still loves Tangled but she's not quite as obsessed.  Right now she is deciding between being a ballerina or a cheerleader for Halloween.  She loves to play dress up, play doh, tea party and find shapes in the clouds.

She says cute things like "Lasterday" for yesterday.  I am in love with the way she says chubby, beautiful and cute.  Actually, something she says often right now is "Mommy, I love tchubby (chubby) babies, they are so tute (cute)" or something similar.  Beautiful comes out more like beootiful, and she always closes her eyes when she says it.

Just the other day, I was further convinced that she needs to be on the big screen.  She can cry on cue!  She asked if we could do something and I told her no.  She immediately pouted her lip and filled her eyes with tears.  I laughed and said "Are you kidding me little girl?"  At which point she giggled and the tears stop.  What the hell am I in for?!?!?!

Ainsley has also started doing chores.  We give her 1 dollar every day that she does them...except I've kind of been slack lately.  Luckily, she doesn't seem to notice.  She has to get herself dressed, feed the dogs and help pick up her toys.  Clif and I weren't sure if money was the right way to go...and honestly, I'm still not positive, but I know that I want to teach her the value of a dollar.  I want her to know what it feels like to earn something.  My kids?  They are spoiled.  It's great that they're spoiled.  They are the only grandkids on Clif's side and only have one cousin on my side.  So they have grandparents and aunts and uncles who just adore them and shower them with clothes and toys and Uggs (thank you Uncle Cameron :).  I know how much these people love to buy things for my kids and I truely appreciate it.  Hey, I rarely have to buy clothes.  But, I don't want them to feel entitled.  I don't want them to think they can have anything they want at any time.  So we give her a dollar each day and she works towards something she wants.  Currently that's a Build-A-Bear pink bunny.  As she gets older, I will incorporate the aspects of saving and giving.  Right now I think that's a little over her head.  I just really want her to understand that things cost money and sometimes things aren't available because of what they cost.  I think she's starting to get it.

And what's up with Freddie?
Oh Freddie!  This kid brings me so much joy.  I can't believe I ever said I didn't want a boy.

Freddie will be going to his 18 month appointment next week, but at his last doctor's visit he weighed 26.5 lbs.  I do not remember his height, but I do have it written down somewhere at home.  He is a little tank.  I'm going to get video of him running, because you will laugh.  It cracks me up.

He's talking all the time...most of it, is unintelligible babble.  But he does know some words...

"Nack" = Snack...but he sounds like a quacking duck when he says it.
"Mamma" = He used to call me this all the time, but now it's reserved for crying.
"Mommee" = He just started saying this, and though I like Mamma, I really like the sound of this from him.  He draws out the "eeee."
"Puppa" = Puppy...or Poppa
"Daddee" = Although, he pretty much calls everyone Mommee or Mamma right now.
"Nannee" = He seems to draw out his "y" on everything.
"Boom" = Broom...the kid loves cleaning products.
"Dair" = There, over there, here
"A dat" = What's that? That
"HI!" = Obviously this is hi, but he says it with such gusto!  Oh and a really funny thing he does, if I roll down his window in the car, he says it to every car that we pass.  He also screams it at neighbors.
"Booh" = Book
"Boo" = Boot - kid loves all shoes that are not his.  Including my rain boots that come to my knees...yeah picture that, Nanny's clogs and Ainsley's mary jane Crocs.

He also knows what sound an elephant makes and he does it every time he hears the word.  He's learning a horse, pig, and cow.  He sometimes says "boooooom" when we read his truck book.  

He still babbles a lot.  He won't talk as early as Ainsley, she was already saying more at this point, but sometimes I think "Soon he'll be talking." I try to picture him at Ainsley's age and it's so hard because he's still such a baby to me.

He loves to jump on the trampoline, it's hilarious to watch because he can't actually jump yet.  I should get video of that as well.  He likes push toys and cars and yelling and running and plowing through all in his path.  He's a boy to his core.  But...he's got this very sensitive side.  The other day we were picking up toys and he found a baby doll bottle.  He brought it to me, so I picked up a baby doll and started feeding her.  He took it from me and hugged the baby close then gave her the bottle.  It was so freaking cute.  I'm told he's super gentle (What?  Freddie?  Gentle?) with the babies at daycare.  He strokes their hair and kisses their cheeks.

He loves music and singing.  He adores his books...which took some time.  The first time I read to him he was like "What the heck are you doing mom, pull out the boob and let's go.  What is this book thing?"  But now he runs to his room and climbs in his chair waiting to read.

Goodness, I could go on for days.  These kids are ever changing and I haven't been documenting that here as much as I'd like.  So sorry if it's a bore...this one's for me.

Have a great weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews