Thursday, February 3, 2011

EEL

Ainsley has known how to spell her name for a long time.  If you don't believe me, click here.

It's always been the same..."A - I - N - eSSS - eeL - E - Y."

She also puts that little drawl on all words ending -ell and -ill.  I'm sure you all remember the "What the Heel!" incident.

Hill = Heil
Hell = Heel
L = eel
And so forth...

So yesterday, we are driving home from daycare and Ainsley is talking...she's always talking and her vocabulary is just growing by leaps and bounds.  She uses words like "actually" and "suddenly" these days.

She says Mommy?

Yes Ainsley?

I don't know how to make the "N" in my name. I know how to draw A and baby i, but I don't know how to draw baby n.
I smile and say Well how about when we get home, I'll show you how to write them.  How about you just say the letters for me now.

A - I - N - eSSS - L - E - Y

Wait, say it again...

A - I - N - eSSS - L - E - Y

Who told you to say L that way?

No answer, just a blank stare.

Don't you say eeL?

Laughter.  Mommy, that is so silly.  You don't say eeL you say L.  Silly mommy!

Is it wrong for me to want her to keep that little drawl forever?  Just one more little thing that slips away as she grows into a little girl.  Not sure I'm going to make it to adulthood.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews