Sunday, September 26, 2010

Squash and Prunes...Yummy


Freddie really hasn't met a food he doesn't like. So squash and prunes? Bring it on, he says!

Little man has been a bit fussy today and yesterday. I think I feel a little tooth bud coming in right down front. He hasn't been sleeping well and basically just wants to be held all the time.



When Ainsley was a baby I so prepared myself for all the typical stuff...fussiness during teething, distraction during eating, biting, etc. But she did none of those things. So I prepared and then waited for it and it never came. Freddie fits in to all the typical stuff. I have to nurse him in a quite dark room so he doesn't get distracted, he bites me while nursing and now he's definitely feeling the teething pain.


Speaking of teeth, I took Ainsley to the dentist for the first time on Friday. I will not be going back to that dentist for reasons that I'll explain below...but Ainsley did awesome. I HATE dentists. I have horrible memories of them from my childhood - I had terrible teeth. I can't even sit comfortably through a cleaning. I just want to leap out of the chair and run far far away. I was even super anxious waiting to go back with her and then I had to sit in the chair with her on my lap...oh goodness, my heart was racing.

But Ainsley was a trooper and even though she was scared she did so well.


So the reasons that I hate this place that I went...
1 - I had the first appointment of the day - 8AM. Apparently someone else did too and there was only one hygienist and one dentist. They didn't take us back until almost 9.
2 - The dentist came in and looked at Ainsley's teeth and said she saw a dark spot on one. It is very small, like a pinprick but she needed to get x-rays to make sure it wasn't decay. Well, guess what - x-rays of a 3 year old's teeth are taken the same way an adults are. Can you imagine that and any 3 year old allowing someone to shove a giant, sharp, plastic thing in her cheek and waiting while they take a picture? The dentist tried to help and was a complete idiot about it. She put it in backwards twice. I finally grabbed it out of her hand, shoved it in Ainsley's mouth and said "Take the freaking picture!!!" Needless to say, it was not a good shot with my giant thumb in the way and Ainsley gagging and thrashing about. The dentist said I should just pay extra attention to that tooth while brushing and check it again in 6 months.

Well we brush her teeth twice a day, every day and I've even tried to start flossing...so I really hope it's not decay. Then again, I had a cavity in just about every one of my baby teeth, so hopefully she didn't get that from me.

I guess we'll see in 6 months.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews