Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sick Babies



Know how everyone says 2 is so much harder than 1 (kids I mean)? Well, I have to say that it really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I mean, obviously doubling your duty is going to be tougher, but I really had myself convinced I wouldn't be able to handle it. However, the part that really sucks...when one gets sick, the other is sure to follow.



Poor little baby boy has been sick. Luckily, he is doing much better and going back to daycare tomorrow where he is sure to contract many more germs and illnesses.



I've been working from home the past couple of days, and I gotta say...it is way easier the second time around. Everyone I have ever met knows how lousy of a sleeper Ainsley is. And well, Freddie, not a terrific sleeper either...but he is better than Ainsley. Ainsley doesn't go to sleep, doesn't stay asleep and then doesn't want to get up in the morning. Freddie goes to sleep very easily, naps well and gets up at the perfect time to eat and get ready for our day. So I was able to get lots done during Freddie's 1 hour morning nap and 3 hour afternoon nap both days I was home. You're probably wondering why I say he's not a great sleeper, well he doesn't stay asleep at night. And since he's upstairs and I'm zombie like, I don't take well to going up and down the stairs all night long. So he comes to bed with me the first time he wakes up. People can give me a million ways to get him to sleep, but really people, I'm not even willing to give up 1 weeks sleep to try and make it work. I'm not stressing over it this time around. I don't care if they sleep with me until they're 14. At least I get to cuddle with my babies.


And don't get me started on Ainsley's sleep issues. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if I ever get that child to go to sleep easily and stay asleep then I am writing a book and selling 1 million copies.

Okay, kind of rambling. I'm tired and need to go to bed...with Ainsley of course because she's up and raring to go at 9:30...but Freddie's asleep and will be for a couple of hours.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews