Saturday, September 4, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

Dear Ainsley,


First, I hope you know that I really do love you. Sometimes mommy goes a little insane, but I still love you. Sometimes I need just a moment away because you are three and you don't listen, you love to scream "NO" in my face, you don't say please or thank you, you hit me, you hit Freddie, you insist on being in the room while Freddie is going to sleep but refuse to stay quiet, you throw tantrums when you don't get your way, you won't go to sleep at night and many other things.

I'm sorry that I took all the toys out of your room last night, but I thought I might go over the deep end and it was something to keep me occupied other than having yet another battle with you.


I know that deep down you are still my sweet, precious girl and when we are locked in battle, I try and remember that. I know that you are going through a difficult transition with Daddy away all week and a new school with new friends. I also know that you are three and it comes with the territory. And finally, I'm trying to believe with all my heart those words my grandmother said often..."This too shall pass."

I just hope that when you remember your childhood you remember all the hugs and laughter and not the nights I go crazy and remove every toy from your room and lock them up in mine.




Dear Freddie,




Please stay cute and sweet and 5 months old forever. But I know, even though I don't want to believe it...this too shall pass.



Love,
Mommy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews