Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rough Week



I feel like some of you probably think I've been kind of hard on Ainsley...and I probably have. I probably expect more than I should out of a three year old. I'm really trying to work on that. When you have a second child your perspective really changes. You have this new little baby that needs everything, and suddenly your toddler seems like she should be able to drive and do laundry and bathe herself...when in fact, she can not. So anytime I'm at my wits end, I try and remember that and try and diffuse the situation differently. Which is probably why I end up cleaning her room of toys :) It's either that or yell and scream...and I know that just goes right over her head.

Really, I have such a sweet little girl. She's just going through some growing pains.



And this little guy...well, what can I say. He is a lot of work, but a bundle of joy.




So this week, I feel like we've done better not battling it out every night. But I, personally, have had kind of a rough week. My poor babies are not used to seeing Momma so laid up. The house is ridiculous. I don't even know how else to explain it. I haven't really cleaned all week. I just do enough to get by each night, which leaves it...well...disgusting. I had a new plan to come home on my lunch breaks and clean, but then I got super slammed at work and haven't had a lunch break all week

So here is a picture of my gross eye. I have pink eye.


I'm not really sure how you get pink eye unless you come into contact with some kid that has pink eye. Well, my kids don't have pink eye (thank heavens). I am praying and crossing every appendage that they do not come down with it.

This minor illness has really knocked me on my rear. And now tonight I'm feeling a sore throat and head cold coming on.

So, it's been one of those weeks. Oh, and it started last weekend with a trip to visit a friend of mine where we sat in an hour of traffic and got rear ended. A 2 hour trip took 5 hours. Fun times. So it has definitely been ONE of THOSE weeks.

I will most likely be bailing on my good friend's bachelorette party this weekend, which makes me very sad, and trying to get as much sleep as possible.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews