Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Little Gym

Last night, we were invited by some friends, to a toddler class at The Little Gym. I've always wanted to take Ainsley to a place like this, but just haven't gotten around to it. It was so much fun and I think Ainsley really enjoyed it as well. She got to walk on a balance beam, ride on a parachute, swing on rings, and flip over the uneven bars. She had so much fun on all the equipment that she barely participated in the group activities. Oh, and she loved the water fountain. You give that kid a water fountain and she is happy for hours.

After our class, I was sure that Ainsley would sleep great last night. Once again we are going through some difficulties. It seems she does so well for awhile and then all of the sudden something creeps up. Right now it's the going to sleep at a reasonable time that she's having trouble with. Well, after trying for quite awhile to get her to sleep, I finally put her in bed with me. I was just too tired to deal with it anymore. I turned on Mary Poppins, her current favorite movie - she calls it A Puppins, thinking that it would lull her to sleep. Well, mommy passed out almost immediately. Ainsley not so much. Suddenly I felt this little breath right in my face and heard "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...A up Mommy." (Translation: Get Up Mommy!). I open my eyes to the end of the movie and the clock reading 11:56. YES, the child stayed up until midnight!!!! I really am a horrible parent sometimes...but it is instances like this that I don't know what else to do. That kid is strong willed and if she doesn't want to sleep, she won't! You know if you read this blog, that I have tried just about everything. I have read books, I have asked friends, I have researched the Internet, I have made up my own theories...nothing works.

Oh well, otherwise she's a great kid...so I guess I can't complain. I guess I will just be sleep deprived until she hits the teenage years. Then she'll want to sleep all the time and I'll say "Uh-uh kiddo...you kept me up, now I keep you up." She can clean the house while I take a nap :)

We are supposed to get our camera back tomorrow. Of course that is coming from the worst store ever, so I don't really believe them. But keep your fingers crossed and hopefully I'll have pictures to post this weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews