Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dancing Ainsley




Ainsley has a new trick...well, she's been doing it for a couple of weeks but I've never gotten a picture. I wish her head wasn't cut off in one of these, but she is definitely dancing. I love dancing babies. They are just so funny with the way they just bounce, bounce, bounce and bob their big ole heads. Ainsley is no exception, she starts grooving the minute she hears music. Even in the car sometimes she'll just bob her head up and down. It really makes me laugh.


She's also talking like crazy...not real words of course, but I think she thinks they're real. She'll talk to anyone and anything; the person driving the car next to us, a ball, Gatsby, the checkout lady, a book...whatever. She just jabbers away. She's also started gesturing with her hands. That's really the only way I can describe it. I don't really think shes trying to get a point across, but those little hands just get to waving every time she's got a lot to say.




Here is a picture I promised a long time ago...Ainsley in her tennis shoes with matching socks...looking like Punky Bruster. This picture is so funny!


So, we are having trouble with sleeping again. Not as bad, but we had gotten really good, not perfect, but good. She was going down really easy...I could hardly believe it. Then she'd wake up once before Clif and I would go to bed, and then she'd wake up around 3 to nurse. Well, we went out of town last weekend (PS: Grandma Livingston is sending wedding pictures, I bet I have them this weekend sometime, so you'll get to see the pretty little dress) and now Ainsley's schedule is a bit screwy. I haven't been able to get her in bed before 9:30 all week...oh did I say bed? When I say bed, I mean my bed, because I haven't been able to get her to sleep in her crib at all. So it is almost 10:30 and I finally just put her down...and in her crib tonight, so hopefully that's a step in the right direction.





Of course she never has any trouble sleeping on daddy's lap no matter how odd the position.


Yesterday was Clif and my second anniversary. We got a card from Ainsley (thank you Denise :) It was very sweet. We didn't really do anything special last night. Since we have no refrigerator, that means we have no milk or butter or meat...so I wasn't able to make the nice dinner and dessert I had planned. Instead we had a frozen meal and frozen cherry turnovers from Target. We did drink a bottle of Dom we had from our engagement party. It was good, but not great. Maybe we waited too long to drink it. Not too exciting, but we are going to have a night out in about a week when my in laws come to watch Ainsley for the evening. I am looking forward to that.


On the fridge front, we have gotten the elusive part!! Whoo Hoo! Turns out the silly store can ship it from any of their warehouses...what a freaking concept!! We are currently waiting for the repair man to show up and install it. Yes, it is 10:30 at night. I'm sure we'll receive a phone call any minute that he's not going to make it until tomorrow sometime. Which means one of us will have to miss more work. So ridiculous...nothing can be done in a timely, convenient manner.



Well, hope to have the wedding pictures soon (thanks for sending them Mom). Until next time...take care and lots of love :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews