Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bizarro World

Ok, so I did not want to rant about our freaking refrigerator issues on this blog, but this is just too good not to share.

Poor Clif has been dealing with the appliance repair company and their parts supplier. Yesterday, the correct part still hadn't come in and it seems that now it is on back order. So Clif demanded to know where they were getting their parts and he started calling them. I took on Samsung and got absolutely no where.

Today, Clif finally got some information from the Samsung parts distributor. No, the part we need is not on back order...they have plenty in their warehouse. So he calls the appliance repair people back...why would they lie to us. They say they've been getting the run around so they finally just cancelled their order and were trying to find the part elsewhere. So then he works out a plan for the appliance people to reimburse us the cost of the part if we order it ourselves. They say they will do that, so Clif calls the distributor again.

This time they say that they have 3 warehouses and the warehouse that distributes to our area may be out and if that's the case they can't get the part to us. Wait a minute...do you have the part at all? Yes, they have the part in two of their three warehouses. Then you can send it to us? Only if it's in the warehouse that distributes to our area. So if a part is in a warehouse in California but it is not in the warehouse in Virginia, we can't get the part but a guy in CA can? That's correct. That makes no sense!!! I'll have to talk to my manager.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Do we not live in a world of rush orders and overnight shipping from anywhere in the universe!!!! How can they not get us a part if they have it no matter where it is?!?!?! Am I the only one who thinks that is the most ridiculous thing ever? Am I missing something? Am I being unreasonable?

I know that I don't work or live in the world of crappy refrigerator part replacement...but just seems a little bit strange to me that any part, no matter the size, no matter the location, can't make its way to me by the end of the week.

Did I somehow get trapped in a Seinfeld episode? Is this Candid Camera? Come on, come out, where's the hidden camera...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews