Saturday, July 9, 2011

And Suddenly...Four

Dear Ainsley,

Four years and nine months ago, I suspected that I might be pregnant.  We spent the weekend in South Carolina celebrating my dad's 50th birthday.  We were in Myrtle Beach and we walked across the bridge in Barefoot Landing and I thought to myself "I know I'm pregnant and I know it's a girl."  The following Friday I took the test that confirmed my suspicions.

I remember the first time I felt your little kicks in the pit of my stomach. It was as if tiny butterflies were fluttering around my pelvis.  For the longest time, I was the only one who could feel it.  Daddy and I would lie in bed, his hand on my stomach and me saying "Did you feel that?" or "How about that time?"  It was over a month before he could say yes.

On the morning of your birthday I was petrified.  I had never had surgery and now they were going to cut my abdomen open to get you out.  It's not the way I had planned on welcoming you to the world.  But then it was all over and there you were all pink and perfect.  They weren't lying when they said I'd fall in love instantly.

Minutes Old

2 Days Old

4 Days Old

You were a wonderful baby...except for the sleeping part...but even exhaustion didn't get you down.  You were always giggling and smiling.  I barely remember you crying.

Always smiling

Always silly

Always laughing

You grew into an active and joyous toddler.  You talked and walked and interacted so early that Daddy and I  were sure you were brilliant.

First birthday party

Cake is good!

2 years old


You sailed into the preschool years without a hiccup.  You've always been so adaptable and flexible.  There are no road blocks for you, only obstacles to overcome and detours to maneuver around.

3 years old


And suddenly here you are...a four year old little girl.  Your laugh infects a room,  your smile brightens a day and your imagination spans the universe.  Your personality is so big and defined, I already know what a wonderful woman you will become.

4 years old


I can hardly believe it's been 4 years since they placed a tiny, soft bundle in my arms and you made me a mommy.

Happy Birthday Ainsley Bug, we love you more than you could ever know.

Love,
Mommy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews