Wednesday, June 15, 2011

According to Ainsley #8 - Twaffic!


We live outside of DC.  Traffic?  Is not an annoyance - though it is annoying - it is a way of life.  Ainsley has learned this in the 5 months we've lived here.  Mommy, does not deal well with traffic.  Mommy may have a touch of the road rage.

So tonight, after picking them up from daycare we are greeted with the longest line of traffic I have ever seen on the road leading to the house.

"Mommy!  What is that?" Ainsley says, shock oozing out of her mouth.
"That Ainsley," I answer, "Is really bad traffic."
"Oh no.  I hate twaffic," she sighs dramatically.
"Yes Ainsley," I sigh, mirroring her drama, "I hate traffic too."

I finally manage to squeeze in between a commuter bus and a dump truck.

"Go cars, go!" Ainsley yells.
"Mommy, they are not listening to me."
I look back and smile at her, "I know Ainsley, they never do."

At that point a fire truck screams by.  As the air settles, Ainsley takes a deep breath and says "What...the... HELL was that?!"

I laugh, I can't help it.

"Ainsley?  Did you just say What the hell?"

She nods.

"Well, you know that's not a very nice thing to say?"
"I know mommy, but what the hell is with this twaffic?"

I'm linking up with Rebecca over at Musings of a Manic Mama on Friday.  Go check out her blog...




Musings of a Manic Mama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews