Sunday, December 5, 2010

Excuses, Excuses


I really have none. I know I've been MIA and I don't have a good excuse. I'm busy, but I'm always busy. And I'm tired, but I'm always tired. Basically, I haven't felt much like blogging. I've had a lot on my mind and I was just afraid that anything I wrote would become a stream of conscious whine-fest, with no clear point. Because really there is no resolution in my head, at least not one I'm really happy with. So, I'd just write in circles and go round and round...

But, right now, I don't want to talk about any of that. Instead, I have so much to tell you about the kids. Maybe another day I'll let you into my crazy head...but not now :) Moving on...



Freddie is growing up by leaps and bounds. He has 3 teeth, he is just so close to crawling and this weekend he began pulling himself up to standing. He's babbling mamamamama and babababa and didadidadida. He is moving all over the place. The crawling thing really frustrates him and it is evident that he has his mommy's short temper.

So, he can scoot and roll and even crawl here and there, but when he isn't getting what he wants quick enough he just looses it.


Ainsley is becoming a little girl right before my eyes. Every day one of those little baby things that was such a part of her infancy, toddler years and baby-ness just disappears, and she replaces it with a little girl thing. She can write and recognize the letter "A," she knows all of our rules and really does try to follow them. She's kind and helpful. She puts her shoes away every day when we get home. She loves her baby brother. And biggest of all, she is going to bed, in her bed, on her own! I know, you don't believe me. You probably had to read that line again to make sure you didn't misread. But it's true. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Does it work every night? Hell, no! But we are on the right track.


So there's an update. I will try to spend this week posting pictures from Thanksgiving, Christmas tree decorating and everything else that we've done since I buried my head in the sand. Hope you all are doing well and had a wonderful Holiday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews