Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Way Behind


So I know I'm way behind on blog posts. I haven't even told you all about Thanksgiving or Christmas prep or anything really. I'll I've done is whine about my stupid new job and my stupid move. I appreciate all of you that have wished me well...I just wish I were more excited. I'm just not at all. I have sooooo NOT been in the Christmas spirit and I really just need to snap out of it. Life isn't fair and I know that and I need to get over it and move on. I have one very special little girl who is so looking forward to Santa and Christmas, and I just can't fathom the idea of her being disappointed because mommy's in a funk. So, starting right now...no more negativity.

So, let's catch up shall we :) We'll start with Thanksgiving.

We traveled to Connecticut to visit Uncle Cam, Auntie Amanda, Auntie Keek and Uncle Oliver for the holiday. Other than getting out of the metro DC area, the trip was not bad. I expected it to be much worse than it was.








We didn't do a whole lot while we were there, just hung out with the family and visited Clif's grandparents and Aunts and Uncles, who all live about an hour and half from where we were staying.



But it was so nice. Thank you to Cam and Amanda for hosting.



The week after Thanksgiving, my very good friend Tara came over for dinner with her sweet baby girl, Ava. Ainsley just adored her.



Oh, have I mentioned that Ainsley keeps asking me for a baby sister? Pretty much every other night she says "Mommy, do you have my baby sister in your belly?" I sure as hell hope not, Ainsley!

She also told Freddie that he should go away so she could have a baby sister now. Poor Freddie!


Speaking of Freddie...full on crawling now and in to EVERYTHING!!! Know what's not so much fun...a Christmas tree, with a newly crawling, very curious, ultra rotten baby boy! He also can pull up and even switch furniture...so he's not cruising yet, but he will pull up on the coffee table then transfer to the couch and vice versa. He has 4 teeth now and at his 9 month check up today he weighed 22 lbs 4 oz.

Ainsley is a crack up every day. And goodness is she smart. I mean, I always knew she was smart and I know I'm her mom, so I'm biased...but really, she amazes me.

She'll take a drink of something and say, "Mommy, look at my moose." I asked her what she meant. "Mommmmmy...my moosestasch!"

She's also started scolding me...putting her hands on her little hips, pointing her finger and saying "Mommy...you know better!" Hmm, wonder where she's heard that?

So the sleeping thing is hot and cold. Some nights she does well, others not so well. However, we have moved past the night time pull ups. Ainsley, my friends, is FULLY potty trained. She has been sleeping in big girl panties for 2 weeks now and so far only 1 accident...which was totally my fault because I forgot to put her on the potty before bedtime and when I realized it she was so close to sleep I just couldn't disturb her.

Finally...we got our Christmas tree a couple of weekends ago. Last year, I made some beer bread and hot cocoa while we decorated. So, we decided to do the same this year. I got everything ready and then we go to put the lights on...all strands are busted. Lesson learned: check the lights before making the bread and cocoa.




We ended up decorating the next day, but never really finished, I still have boxes of stuff sitting everywhere waiting to be put out. See the above note about Christmas spirit. But I vow to have it done by this weekend.



So I think that about does it. You're all caught up. This weekend we will be doing all of our Christmas shopping since we haven't bought one gift. Oh and I just ordered my Christmas cards tonight, so hopefully you'll get them before the new year :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews