Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bittersweet

So I think I'm finally ready to make an announcement...I haven't told many people because I have very mixed emotions about the situation. Clif has accepted a job. After a year and a half of searching and networking and praying, finally he has been hired. Unfortunately, the job is not in Richmond, it's in Northern Virginia.

I am so happy that this very trying time in our lives is over and I am so proud of Clif for the wonderful stay at home daddy he's been and I know he will be a treasured employee. However, I feel like Richmond has become our home and I am so sad to be leaving. Both of us come from Northern Virginia, but Richmond is so much more dear to me.

I am sorry that I haven't been able to celebrate with Clif. I thought for sure when the phone finally rang with a job offer we'd throw a party, but neither of us really feels like celebrating. It makes me sad because Clif really deserves a celebration. He definitely has been the positive one and the rock through this last 18 months of insecurity.

As for what happens now...we have a lot to do. We need to sell a house, find me a job, pack, find a place to live, move, find daycare, etc. So now, Clif goes and I stay here with the kids. He starts after the 4th of July holiday. Luckily, his sister is coming to stay with us and help out with the kids for the month of July. She truly is a god-send and I love her for doing it.

So that's it for now. I just felt like I should let you all in on the ending to the unemployment story. I'm just sad that I can't be more happy about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews