Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weekend at Home


Sorry I did not write much this week. It's been a very crazy, busy week. It just flew by and I barely realized it was over. Nothing too exciting took place. Thursday night I did go to a place called My Girlfriend's Kitchen. You go there and prepare meals and then take them home and freeze them. When you want to eat them all you do is defrost and follow the very simple instructions on the package. It was a lot of fun and so unbelievably easy. I think I want to do it again. They lay everything out for you, it's so great.


Alright, enough about me. Ainsley is walking like a pro these days. She's even trying to run some. That child is always on the go, go, go! I remember when she was still really little and we were all out to eat. Clif was holding her and she was squirming all over the place and he said "You know, once she can actually move, she's going to be gone." Boy was he right. We just can't contain her anymore. We really need to buy some baby gates, but seriously, those things are freaking expensive. All you people out there with no kids or pregnant with your first, take note. REGISTER for baby gates. Figure out which one's you need in your house (because there are about a million different kinds) and put them on your registry. I never even considered it. I actually said, "why would I need that, we're never upstairs." Stupid, stupid, pre-baby Jaime! Like you only need one when you are at the top of stairs?!?!? I am so much wiser now. I can not explain how wonderful it will be when I finally break down and pay 40-90 bucks for a gate to go between our kitchen and living room. And another 40-90 bucks for one at the bottom of the stairs. There will be a lot less chasing of Ainsley.


This weekend we are spending a nice quiet time at home. Lately these have been few and far between, they are so nice. Just the four of us doing fun, boring things together...it's very nice. This morning we got up really early and went yard sale-ing. I know, people who know me are probably saying "What?" But, my friend Carrie gets all this great stuff for her daughter at yard sales. I mean really cool toys. And I am very in to reusing. No need to throw something away that was only used for a year or so by a toddler. Plus 5 bucks at a yard sale is way cheaper than 30 bucks at Toys R Us. Well, Carrie, I'm sorry to say that we hardly saw any baby stuff. We did get a swing. Not sure where we'll hang it yet. And then we got a small steering wheel toy.

After Ainsley took a very long nap, we all got ready and went to the Greek festival. I love, LOVE, LOVE Greek food! I could not make up my mind on what to get so of course I wanted to try everything and spent like 25 bucks on my lunch. Oh well, I have left overs for dinner tonight. Ainsley tried the (NOTE...I am probably not going to spell any of these dishes correctly!) Spanikopida (my favorite) and the Pistachio (it's sort of like a baked ziti with cream sauce). Unfortunately for her, she can't have the Baklava yet. Yummmy!

Now we are home and Ainsley's in bed (her bed :). Tomorrow we are doing some house cleaning and I need to find something to wear to my cousin's wedding next weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews