Sunday, May 4, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

As promised, here is some video of Ainsley trying to walk.




So there you have it...no chasing Gatsby yet, but it's a start.

I'm happy to report that the sleeping thing is going....eh...ok. I will say that under the circumstances, she's actually doing pretty well. See, I got a call from Day Care on Friday, Ainsley was running a fever. Turns out she has strep throat. And, now I'm sick too. So between a sick baby and a very tired, sick mommy...the sleeping thing is going as well as can be expected. She has been going down in her crib at night to sleep, but she does end up coming to bed with us sometime in the middle of the night. And I've yet to get her to nap in the crib. Part of the issue is due to the fact that she's been throwing up some and twice now she's been asleep in her crib and then blah...and I have to get her out and change the sheets. Which sucks, but like I said, it's going pretty well under the circumstances.

I have to tell you about our little drama queen at the doctor on Friday afternoon. The doctor ordered a strep test, a flu test, a RSV test and a blood count. The strep test was first...swab the throat...crying. Then the flu and RSV tests...swab way up the nose...screaming. Then the blood count....finger prick...inconsolable sobbing. So we're finished and waiting and she's just crying on my shoulder and I'm feeling so bad for her when finally she pulls away from me and stops crying. Until she looks at her bandaged finger, looks back at me, back at the band aid, and full on drama queen, "pity me", sobbing. Every time she started to feel better, she'd look at her finger and start up again. I felt very bad for her, but I have to admit it was kind of funny. Maybe one day we'll see her on the big screen with skills like that!

Ainsley is feeling better today...unfortunately, I definitely have something now. Let's hope it's not strep.

Well, I'm just too tired to write any more today, and Clif has hurt his back so I'm kind of on solo duty with Ainsley...so I'll write again soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews