Wednesday, June 6, 2012

That Whole Sleeping Thing...Yeah...

So remember when I told you all what an awesome parent I am?  And remember when we talked about the sleep chart?  And remember my whole book/talk show idea to make millions?

Yeah...not happening.

After 4.5 months of sleep training Ainsley...we are back at square one.  We moved last month, and I thought there may need to be some adjustments.  But actually, she took it like a champ.  She slept in her own bed, in her own room with no problems.

In fact, she was sleeping better than Freddie.  There were no tears when I left the room.  She'd fall asleep in the hour that I spent downstairs, and she wouldn't wake until the next morning.

Then something changed.  Not sure why...but I definitely know when.  Two Mondays ago, we had a major meltdown and it hasn't gotten better since.  I thought that maybe it was just a rough night, even though we have not seen a night like that since week one of the sleep training.  Instead, it's still going on.

There are massive tears and fits when I leave the room.  She's awake until 11PM or later.  If by some chance I do get her to sleep, she usually ends up in my room before morning.  Getting her up in the morning is difficult.

It's like I  have stepped back in time 6 months, only now I know what the promised land holds...one hour each night of a grown up TV show...time to prep for the next day...laundry done...sleeping in my own bed all night.  And I see it slipping through my fingers quickly. 

I really don't know what to do.  Do I start the sleep chart all over again?  Do we actually go back to the beginning and sleep with her?  She's miserable, I'm miserable, Clif's miserable...I'm at a loss.  It just doesn't make sense, I don't know what changed.

So I think tonight I'm making a new sleep chart...we'll see how it goes.  Wish me luck.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews