Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

2011 will forever live in my memory as the year we left Richmond, moved back to Northern Virginia, and lived with Clif's parents. Back in January I was sure this year would be the end of me. I spent the first few months of the year feeling down and sorry for myself. Not my best moments.

Though I'm not sad to see this year go, looking back I realize how much we've accomplished in the last 12 months.

We've gotten 2 houses rented (yes that means the Fredericksburg house is rented, they moved in yesterday actually).

We've learned to live in limited space and with most of our belongings in storage. Maybe we never needed all those things anyway.

We've revamped our finances and learned to survive on a tighter budget. This has made bill paying and spending money way less stressful.

We've started paying down debt and for the first time in 3 years we have a savings account...with money in it!

This may have been the hardest year of marriage for me and Clif thus far, and really it wasn't that bad and we're stronger for it.

My kids have been able to spend the last year really getting to know their grandparents. What a blessing.

All in all this year hasn't been the disaster I was sure it would be. But I am looking forward to 2012 and everything it has in store for us.

Happy New Year!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews