Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Juice in the City


I always assumed I'd be a stay at home mom.  I'm not going to say that I dreamed and yearned for it, but it's just what I figured would come of my life.

My mom stayed home with us.  She was there when we got home from school.  She was there when we needed anything.  I wanted the same for my kids.  When I told my mom these things long ago, before I became a mother, she told me I should work.  That staying home with kids is hard and she felt like her brain went to mush in those years.

That's why she went back to school when I was about 10.  She needed more.  And I don't blame her.

Right now, the idea of me being a stay at home mom is so far beyond my grasp that it's really not something I ever see happening.  Life has not dealt us those cards. 

And now, I wonder, if given the option tomorrow...would I?  Would I stop working and stay at home full time?  I'm not sure.  It's a tough call to make.  Even though I've never really found my passion in the work force, even though I hate getting up at 5AM to fight traffic, even though most days I want to put my head down and fall asleep on my desk...it's still something that gets me out of the house and using my brain and talking to real live adults.

If I were a stay at home mom, I may not have that.  I have friends that are stay at home moms, and they struggle with these things.  The same things my mom struggled with.  And on top of that, most of them struggle financially.

So there's this company...It's called Juice in the City.  They love moms.  Their whole purpose is to help moms out.  In fact their mission statement is: We are here for moms, by moms and want to help the local businesses.  Not only do they bring fun, local, mom approved deals to you daily, they also employ stay at home moms...or working moms :)  Like I said, they love moms...no matter what kind of mom you are.

They have not come to my area yet (Washington, DC), but they're on their way.  The link will be in my sidebar if you want to check them out.  You should go over there to the right and click.  Sign up.  Maybe they're already in your area, maybe they're coming soon.  Occasionally, I'll also be posting about specific deals for you to enjoy.

Just another way for all of us moms to help each other out.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews