Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun

Yesterday was Ainsley's first 4th of July and since I love fireworks so much, I couldn't wait for her to experience them. We were pretty sure she'd hate them because of the loud noise, but we were wrong. She seemed to really enjoy them.

Most years we go to our friend, Jeff's, house. He lives near the baseball diamond and they always set off fireworks after the game. We got there around 6:30, and it was a small crowd. Just 6 adults and Ainsley. Ainsley wore the cutest little dress. I was hoping she would still fit in it for the 4th and she did. I didn't get great pictures because she was running all over Jeff's back yard. But here you can see it.

The fireworks were very late, because the game went to like 16 innings or something ridiculous like that. Ainsley had fallen asleep around 9:45. We put her down in the pack-n-play in the yard. I couldn't believe I was actually able to get her down in that. We haven't been able to do that since she was mini. So she slept amongst the very loud music and random back yard fireworks going off around us. Around 11, the big show started and it was pretty nice.




I just love fireworks, it's one of my favorite parts of the year. So much so, that last year when I was super pregnant, I did not want to go hang out somewhere for hours because I was so uncomfortable but then around 8 PM I insisted that we could just drive towards down town and be able to see them. About 1/2 an hour later we were stuck in major traffic and we saw no fireworks. Sorry Clif...just pregnancy craziness.


Ainsley woke up about half way through the show, and she was scared but I think that's just because she couldn't see us and didn't know where she was. As soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and enjoyed the rest of the show with us.



She was a little groggy at first, but then really seemed to perk up and she never once jumped or got scared from the loud noises.
She was even laughing and gave the finale a nice ovation


I'm glad that she liked them, I know that kids get scared of random things, but I hope I can keep her enjoying fireworks. As far back as I can remember I have loved them. As a kid we used to get in our PJ's and head out to see them. We would sit on the roof of the car in the Kmart parking lot I believe. I could have that memory a little wrong, but fireworks aways give me a happy, homey feeling. I hope Ainsley can have the same good memories.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews