Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ainsley and Mommy Go to Church

So my whole plan to try and go to church more often has been derailed by jewelry shows, pregnancy, snow and illness. So I told myself that I would really try and go this weekend since Ainsley and I are by ourselves and I just figured it would be a good way to get our day started.

Ainsley was very excited to put on her pretty dress and go to church. I explained to her that she was going to go to little girl's church and play with other kids and a whole bunch of toys, while mommy went to big girl church. I had every intention of walking out the door at 9:10 to make it to the church less than a mile from our house, take her to the nursery, distract her and sneak away to the 9:30 service. Well, we all know where good plans go. Ainsley needed a diaper change, then a drink, then I forgot my phone...needless to say by the time we were pulling out of our driveway it was 9:22.

I hate being late and calling any attention to myself, especially in a large group of people that I don't know, so I decided to just take Ainsley to the service. I had books and fruit snacks and stickers and crayons, so I figured we'd be alright. And really, she did great...I was just super nervous and very aware of everything she said or did.

So here's how our morning went...

I wore a dress, which kept sticking to my tights, which kept falling down...being pregnant can be a major wardrobe malfunction in itself. Anyway, the skirt of the dress kept riding up especially while I was wearing my coat, so there I was trying to hold my dress down, carry the diaper bag and my purse and keep Ainsley from running away. Well somewhere along the way I look down, not holding my dress and I can't even see it...which means that I'm very sorry to the woman and her son who were walking behind us. I"m sure they saw more than they bargained for...at least I had black tights on.

We get inside just in time for the service to start, which is good, because then I don't have to entertain Ainsley for any extra time. It also turned out that it was Youth Sunday. Which meant the youth groups led the church service. Also a good thing, because it meant lots of singing and not a lot of quiet time.

Everything went pretty well until Ainsley dumped her fruit snacks behind us and I was not really able to get to them, so the woman behind us picked them up. Then she dropped a crayon in the same spot. Again, the woman behind us picked it up.

It was right around this time that the youth group did a dance to one of the songs. Well, we all know how much Ainsley loves to dance. And if you can remember back to Disney on Ice and her wanting to get on the ice with Minnie Mouse, well same situation really. She got very excited and said "Mommy, my go dance with durls and boys." I explained that she could dance with me where we were. She started walking towards the aisle and I grabbed her arm. As loud as she could she said "NOOOOO Mommy! YET DOE MY ARM!!!!" (Let go of my arm.)

This was about the time that I couldn't take the stress of it anymore. There was only about 15 minutes left, so I decided to go.

I know I shouldn't get so worried about it. No one around us seemed to mind, but it just stresses me out. Next time I will definitely be better about getting out of the house sooner and getting her to the nursery.

Sorry no pictures, Clif has the camera with him.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews