Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nothing Much to Report



It has been a very uneventful week around here. Last Saturday we had some friends over. We ended up having 4 little girls running around.




These are the people that we hang out with the most, and although some don't have children yet, it made me realize that baby brother is going to be surrounded by girls. We don't have many nearby friends that have boys. Last fall Clif, Ainsley and I went to a cook out with some of his fraternity brothers and of all the children, I think there were 10 kids there, only 1 was a boy. Everywhere you look, it seems that there is someone pregnant or having a girl. Oh well, I guess our little guy will be very in tune with the female half of the world.


That night, I started feeling a little scratchy in my throat and more stuffy than normal, and wouldn't you know it that Sunday morning I woke up with a full blown head cold. One week later and I'm still battling the remnants of it. So that's my excuse for why I haven't updated the blog, haven't done anything with the nursery and haven't cleaned my house. The doctor put me on antibiotics yesterday and I have to say that I am feeling better today.


Speaking of today, we are getting buried under a foot or so of snow. It is like 20 degrees outside, or something completely ridiculous like that. So of course, the day I start to feel better, I am stuck in the house wishing that I had already bought paint for the nursery or something so I could start getting things done.


I think I've mentioned before that I am not a fan of snow. I am especially not a fan of this snow storm. First of all, as soon as the Holidays are over I am just ready for spring. I can't wait for warmer weather, and this is not warmer weather. Second, I was supposed to have jewelry shows today and tomorrow. Well, today's has rescheduled, and tomorrow's is looking more and more bleak the longer this snow comes down. Oh well, c'est la vie!


Let's see, I'll give you a few updates.


Ainsley's big girl bed is going very well. We still have to lay down with her to get her to go to sleep, but she has slept through the night for the past 4 nights in a row. I really don't know if we'll ever be able to just lay her down and have her go to sleep.


We have been working on potty training, but I feel that we've had a bit of a backslide. I've asked Ainsley over the last few days if she wants to wear big girl underpants and she always says "No. put on diaper." So that's where we stand. I'm really hoping to have her out of diapers before the baby comes, but I guess we'll just see. She was doing really well, so I'm not sure what her change of heart is due to.


We had our 32 week doctor's appointment this past week and everything is still looking good. The doctor even thinks that the baby is head down.

So that's it for now. I have a lot of jewelry shows scheduled in February, so I will be very busy. Plus, Clif is going to his brother's bachelor party and my sister is coming to town to look for wedding dresses. Should be a fun February, and it will probably fly by...which means we'll be even closer to the arrival of baby brother.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews