Monday, December 7, 2009

Trimming the Tree


This past weekend we ventured out in the cold rain to get our Christmas Tree. It was not really the Christmas-y weather you'd hope for when Christmas tree shopping, but sometimes your schedule is limited and you don't have much of a choice.

It actually wasn't too bad. Even though we had to deal with the wet conditions, there was no one else there. So we got personalized treatment from the staff and pretty much had the place to ourselves.

We did not take pictures of the actually Christmas Tree purchasing adventure, due to inclement weather, but we did take some when we got home.

Here's Ainsley placing one of her ornaments on the tree...



And here's a picture of Ainsley's favorite Christmas tree branch...



I can only assume it's her favorite because she put 7 ornaments on it.

While decorating I started telling Ainsley about Santa and how he would come and leave presents for her while she was sleeping. Well, big mistake. She wakes up every morning saying "Santa come my house and peasants for Ainsley?" I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. She definitely is getting a better memory.

We also went to the Grand Illumination in downtown Richmond on Friday night. If you've ever driven up 95 through Richmond during this time of year, you know that all the buildings are outlined in white lights. The Grand Illumination is when all those lights get switched on. It was fun and Ainsley seemed to enjoy it. She was most excited that Santa was there. I don't think we'll have a repeat of last year. I think she will gladly sit on Santa's lap this year. When she saw him she said "Mommy, der Santa! My go see him! Santa yove me, mommy!" (Mommy, there's Santa, can I go see him. Santa loves me!)




Yes Ainsley, Santa does love you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews