Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catching up with the Whites

Hello we are back again. It's been such an insane month. August just flew by and I'm not even sure where it went. I can't believe summer is almost over and fall is just around the corner. It makes me a bit sad, but I also think next summer I will not be in this position. Not sure what position I'll be in yet, but I swear it will not be working at my horrible job that I currently have.

So, let me catch you up. I think the last time I really wrote about anything was the weekend Ainsley spent with Nanny and Poppa while Clif and I went to a wedding. Well that was a month ago, so this will probably be a long post...put your reading hat on :)

So as you all know from reading this, my job has been totally crazy. And it is making me totally crazy. For instance, right now it is 9:20 on Sunday night and I feel like vomiting because I have to go to work tomorrow. I literally feel ill, and I know that tomorrow morning driving in I will feel even worse. I actually have to remind myself that we need my salary so I don't just tell them all to go to you know where. Another example of the craziness, I'm unbearable to live with, except for the weekends. I think I'm pretty likable then. Ask Clif, recently I have been a you know what that rhymes with witch when I get home at night. It just sucks, every day I work and work and work and feel like I make no dent in the things I needed to accomplish. So then I work through lunch and stay late to try and get things done, to get organized for the next day so it will be better then the current day. Then I walk in the door that next day and all that just flushes down the toilet. Every day is worse than the one before...seriously, I'm really not exaggerating. All of this has led us to make a decision. As most of you know, I am training to be a medical transcriptionist so hopefully I can spend more time at home with Ainsley. Well, also if you know me, you probably know that I'm not much of a risk taker. So as I make my way further through the class, I've realized that I'm really nervous about the idea of just quiting my job and doing this thing I've never done before, not sure how much money I will really make. So I came to the conclusion that I would just stay in my job and do that on the side to 1 - build up my confidence and ability and 2 - stock away some extra money. However, the last month has told me that I CAN NOT stay in my job much longer if I want to remain sane and married :) So, I am officially on the job market. I re-wrote my resume today and started posting to job sites. I just have to get out of that place, I can't take it anymore. So, if anyone knows of any good leads, hook a sister up!

Ok, so now you understand a little better why I've been so MIA the last few weeks. Now we can move on to Ainsley Bug. I know that's why you're really here anyway :)

Ainsley is becoming more of a little girl every day. She is starting to talk. I mean, probably most people would not know what she's saying, but living with her, I do...sometimes. For instance, she says dinner "ninner", Gatsby "Bapby", eyes "ah", nose "na", mouth "moe", toes "T", belly button "babun"...just to name a few. Oh, and we can't forget one of her favorites - "Na na na." I'm sure you can all figure out what that means. She now runs, walking is so five minutes ago. Today we played outside with a ball in the cul-de-sac. I'm glad we live on a cul-de-sac, because Ainsley has no issue with running away from me into the street. She also climbs on everything...the ottoman, the end table, the couches, etc. And today she walked up a couple of stairs, not crawled, walked, like a grown up. My little baby is definitely gone.

Oh, I wanted to give you an update about the ENT. No tubes necessary at this time. Doctor said they don't usually push for tubes until the child has 4 ear infections in 6 months. Ainsley has had 3, so she's borderline. He explained the whole procedure to me and never, ever tried to push me one way or the other. So it was a relief. We've decided to wait a few months and see how the fall/winter goes. He seems to think she'll grow out of it, and probably does not need them. He said most kids benefit from them, but if she only gets a couple more, it's probably not worth it. So, I was glad we went and got that all figured out for now.

Since I last wrote, we've been very busy socially as well. Clif and I went to another wedding at the end of August, so Ainsley stayed with Nanny and Poppa again. They just adore her, it's so sweet. It's just the most wonderful thing when people love your baby. The weekend after that was Labor day weekend. We travelled down to visit my parents. Clif drove us down where we met my mom, who took us to her house. Clif continued on to Wilmington to participate in his yearly fantasy football draft. He met us at my parents house on Sunday.

At my parents house we took Ainsley to the beach, which turned out to be a bit of a disaster. I couldn't get her to take a nap before hand so she was very tired. Plus we realized later that night/the next morning that she was coming down with a cold. We stayed at the beach for maybe a half an hour. Ainsley immediately rubbed her eyes and got sand/lotion/salt water in them, which made her miserable, so we headed to the outdoor showers and then back to the car. She hated the outdoor shower, but I had to get the crap out of her eyes, so she just screamed. We weren't even out of the parking lot when she was passed out asleep in the back seat. So we drove down the coast to visit my dad at work, which takes about 40 minutes. After visiting Grandpa we headed to lunch.

We ate lunch at this little place on a canal, I think it was a canal, definitely man-made, but it was water with ducks and turtles. So after lunch we went out to look at the animals. Ainsley liked pointing at them and just saying "Da! Da!" However, there were also pigeons around. She was ok with them until they came near her. These birds are not afraid of people because I'm sure they get fed all the time. They were walking right up to her, and she was backing right up into me saying "Ehhh, ehhhh, ehhhh!" Then as soon as I'd pick her up she'd start pointing and saying "Da! Da!" again.

That night we went to visit my brother and his girlfriend at his new house. He had a cook out and Ainsley played with a 5 year old that was there. She just loves big kids.

Sunday, Clif joined us and we took him out to eat at a Japanese steak house for his birthday. Ainsley did OK. We were nervous, and she ended up coming down with a cold that day, so for not feeling great and being 13 months at a very long dinner, she did excellent. I think maybe in another year she'll really enjoy it. It's one of Clif and my favorite dinners, so I hope she likes it. I don't want her to be afraid of it.

My mom and dad are just crazy about Ainsley. I know my mom especially was really looking forward to the weekend. I'm glad we could go.

This past weekend we got to see our friend's Julie and Todd and their little baby Katherine. She is just 2 months old. She's so cute. Ainsley was very fascinated by her. She held her a few times, but once she'd cry Ainsley would push her away. Just like she did with Lucy a few weeks ago.

And that catches you up! Here are some random pictures from the last week.

Ainsley wearing her first pair of designer jeans. Thank you Grandma and Aunt DeeDee!

Ainsley playing in the pack n play at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Ainsley with crazy hair on Saturday morning!

Ainsley trying to use a spoon to eat her eggs.

Ainsley wearing a hat from my dad's new auto shop.

This coming weekend (I just live for weekends now: no work, no travelling, just doing stuff at home), my mom is coming to visit. I think Clif and I are going with some friends to see Pat McGee play. I haven't seen him forever, so it should be a good time.

Ok, well, that about does it. I'll update as much as I can this week...I never know what work's going to be like these days.

Oh, P.S. Happy Birthday Poppa!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews