Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Time


Hi friends! So, I am totally copying my friend Carrie. She started a blog about her daughter Addie, and I have read it every day so far, and it looks like fun. So, here I am. I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this. I am very slow at work this week, which is not always the case, but I love to talk about my little Ainsley Bug, so hopefully that will keep me motivated.

As most of you know, probably all of you know, Ainsley Lynn was born on July 9, 2007. I can not believe she is already 9 1/2 months old!! I always thought time went by so fast, but nothing compares to this last year. I just don't even know where the time went. Ainsley is quite a handful these days, she is all over the place. She crawls and cruises around furniture and now she is standing on her own. Last night, she discovered the stairs, and guess what? She can get up them. Maybe we should start baby proofing the house...maybe start with a baby gate at the foot of the stairs!

This past weekend Ainsley started saying "uh-oh" and "bye-bye". In Ainsley speak it sounds more like "ah-ah" and "dy-dy", but we are still pretty excited! At first she just repeated after us when we said "uh-oh" but now she actually says it when she's supposed to. She drops her toy, "ah-ah." She spills her sippy cup, "ah-ah." It's really very cute.

Ainsley's also eating grown up table food now. So far, her favorites are baked potatoes and hot dogs...not necessarily together. I wonder if she's really eating much of it, considering that most of the pieces are in her seat or fall off of her when I pick her up. Gatsby is really enjoying this new stage in Ainsley's life. He'll be 10 lbs heavier next time we go to the vet!

I am amazed every day at how much she changes and grows. It's so hard to believe that we brought her home as this helpless little creature and now she's talking and eating and almost walking on her own. It can be bitter sweet at times, but all in all, it's been the best year of my life.

That's all for now. I'll try my hardest to keep up with this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews