Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Two

Dear Freddie,

So I'm behind.  Get used to it kid, I'm usually behind. 


Your birthday was Sunday.  You're two now.  Two is a whole different world from one.  You can talk now...and I mean you talk!  You tell stories, you repeat everything, you even tattle...already.  You can run and jump...you can almost keep up with Ainsley.  You love to play basketball and ride bikes.  I can't believe you're two and your baby years are fading fast.

But I'm not going to dwell on that.  You'll always be my baby boy in some way or another.  My love for you runs deeper than I ever could have imagined.  You have one child and you never believe that you could ever love another the same way, but you absolutely can.  I don't know how it's possible, but your heart just duplicates with every kid.  I can't believe, when you were just a little tiny bean inside of me, that I ever questioned my ability to love you like I love your sister.  How could it be any other way?

I always tell people you're passionate.  I'm partly joking at the way you can express such sincere, opposite emotions in a short period of time.  But you truly are passionate about the things you love.  Whatever you choose to do in life, you'll do it with you're whole self and never look back.


You surprise me almost daily.  Just when I'm sure I know what kind of kid your are, you turn it all around.  We trimmed your hair on Sunday.  I was nervous and worried.  I was sure you'd scream and cry and squirm through the whole process.  I was sure she'd cut too much and that baby face would morph into that of a small boy.  I was wrong...about all of it.  You were the perfect little gentleman.  You sat so nicely and sweetly that I almost didn't believe this was my kid.  I was so proud of you.




And your hair?  It turned out perfect.  I love it.


Then later at dinner, when the wait staff sang to you and brought you ice cream, you hid your eyes.  My boisterous, loud, crazy little boy shyed away from all the attention.  I was shocked.  I thought you'd eat it up.



I'm learning every day what kind of man you'll grow up to be.  Every moment is giving me a little glimpse into your future and an important lesson into raising you.

Thank you for roaring into my life two years ago sweet Freddie.  I'll never be the same.

Happy Birthday Monster.

Love,

Mommy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews