Wednesday, May 25, 2011

According to Ainsley #5 - I Can't Believe I Did This!


"Ainsley it's bed time, pick up your blocks please," Clif instructs while flipping through the channels.

"Not yet," Ainsley answers.  This is one of her favorite answers these days.

"Yes Ainsley, it's time to go to bed."

"I said, not yet."

Clif looks at me like can you help please? But I am very busy stalking Twitter and commenting on blog posts.  So I half-heartedly say, "Ainsley pick up your blocks."

"Mommy, I can't do it.  I am too small."

This catches my attention.

"Ainsley do it now, or I'll throw your toys away instead of allowing you to clean them up."  I am all tough and straight to the point when I am engrossed in the laptop.

"Ohhhkaaaay" She sighs.

And then she begins singing under her breath.  I can't really make out her words, but it's something about cleaning the blocks.

Then...

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS!!!"

I stop typing and listen.

"I put the wrong thing in there.  That does not go there.  I can't believe I did this..." She stops and realizes what she's said.  See my daughter?  Has a super huge ridiculous small obsession with the movie Tangled.  And in this movie, Rapunzel escapes her tower and the first thing she says is "I can't believe I did this!  I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS!"

Immediatly, she is done cleaning and launches herself into the character of Rapunzel.  She is now in the zone.  Going through the lines that follow, complete with movement and expression.

Seriously?  Need to get this child an agent.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews