Friday, June 5, 2009

Have a nice nap?


So the other day, Clif went to get Ainsley from her nap - well I guess it's not really a nap if she didn't go to sleep - and she just rambled on and on about why she didn't take a nap. She had to put the baby to sleep, she had to put Elmo to sleep, she had to but Abby to sleep, her pillow fell out of her crib, etc, etc, etc. Until finally she looked at him and said "A my UP, daddy." (Translation: So I am up, daddy). It was then that Clif decided he would try harder to video tape these moments since they're so funny and I would like to watch them and I'm sure you would to.

So yesterday, Clif went into her room after she actually did sleep for a nap and this is what transpired...


I am constantly amazed at how much she talks and understands and picks up on. It's totally unreal to watch this little baby who can not do anything for herself, become this little person. I mean, just one year ago she had just started walking and couldn't say a word. Now she's telling us about movies and holding conversations and running around a playground. How does it go by so quickly? How can I spend a day at work that feels like a lifetime and spend a year of my life that feels like a blink of an eye? Seems backwards, I wish it were the other way around.

I also wanted to update you on Clif's job search. Lots of people have been asking lately, and I'm sorry to say that there really is no progress. He has been looking for 6 months now and there's just not a whole lot out there, so we are just taking it day by day. He did decide to get rid of "Recession Clif" which I am happy about. It seems a little more hopeful.


However, rather than dwell on how much it sucks that he doesn't have a job, we are trying to stay positive. I mean really, how many dads get to spend time with their kids like this? How many dad's get to be stay at home mommies? Not many, so that is our blessing in disguise.


This weekend my mom is coming to visit and we also get to see the Blakes. Hope you all have a good one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews