Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Catching Up



Not a whole lot going on around our house, but thought I should just catch up with everyone and post a few pictures.




Last time I posted I told you that Clif had an interview. It went well, but we won't hear anything for a few weeks or more. They didn't really have a timeline for him. We are just keeping our fingers crossed and hoping it will lead to something.




We've spent he last week or so getting ready to go out of town and then have Ainsley's second birthday party. We will leave Friday to go to my family reunion and then Monday we will head down to Nags Head for a few days at the beach. Then next Saturday we are celebrating Ainsley's second birthday with family. Much smaller than last year.



Along with the rest of the country, we did celebrate Independence Day last weekend. I have to say that Richmond is extremely lacking in the 4th of July celebrations. We went to a small event at Genworth on Friday. They had fireworks but, nothing great. Still they were nice. Then Saturday our only options (other than camping out at Dogwood Dell all day) was to drive 35 minutes south or drive 25 minutes north. In the end we had our own little 4th of July celebration - just me, Clif and Ainsley. I was sad not to see a big, grand fireworks spectacular, but at least I got to hang out with my two favorite people.



Ainsley wasn't at all afraid of the fireworks. I know some kids hate them, so I'm glad she can enjoy them with us.



Tomorrow Ainsley turns 2. In some ways I can't believe she's only been in our lives for 2 short years. I really don't even remember what life was like before her. I think about those days and it's almost like I'm watching the life of some young, carefree girl that I used to know. In other ways, I feel like how can 2 years be gone so quickly? How did this little baby


become this little girl? I wish I could slow things down a bit.



She picked this outfit on her own, by the way.

I probably won't blog much over the next week or so. I'll do my best to post a picture or two, but we will be travelling and busy. I will fill you all in when we get back next weekend for sure.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews